Have You Ever Felt Invisible
When You're Around Other People?
Meet Brian, the invisible boy. Nobody ever seems to notice him or think to include him in their group, game, or birthday party…until, that is, a new kid comes to class.
When Justin, the new boy, arrives, Brian is the first to make him feel welcome. And when Brian and Justin team up to work on a class project together, Brian finds a way to shine.
The Invisible Boy shows how small acts of kindness can help children feel included and allow them to flourish. Any parent, teacher, or counselor looking for material that sensitively addresses the needs of quieter children will find this gentle story a valuable and important resource.
- Junior Library Guild Selection
- Starred Review, School Library Journal
- School Library Journal Best Picture Books
- Scholastic Instructor Recommended Back-to-School Picks
- USA Today Recommended Back-to-School Picks
- Buzzfeed’s Top Picks To Encourage Kindness Toward Others
- NAPPA Gold Medal Winner
- Victoria Soto Legacy Award
- Elephant’s Trunk Award, Early Learning Centre, Bangkok, Thailand
- The Children's Book Review Best Picture Books
- Missourian October Book Buzz Pick
- Kids' Indie Next List Selection
- Oregon Spirit Book Awards
- International Reading Association Teachers’ Choices
- Illinois Monarch Award Master List
- Iowa Goldfinch Award Master List
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award
- New Hampshire Ladybug Picture Book Award Nominee
- Missouri Show Me Readers Award Nominee
- Missouri Association of School Librarians Reader Awards Final Nominee
- Nebraska Golden Sower Award Nominee
- Washington Children’s Choice Award Nominee
- Georgia Picture Book Award Nominee
- Tennessee Volunteer State Book Award Nominee
- Connecticut Charter Oak Children’s Book Award Nominee