Have you ever felt invisible when you're around other people?
Meet Brian, the invisible boy. Nobody ever seems to notice him or think to include him in their group, game, or birthday party…until, that is, a new kid comes to class.
When Justin, the new boy, arrives, Brian is the first to make him feel welcome. And when Brian and Justin team up to work on a class project together, Brian finds a way to shine.
In her newest book, The Invisible Boy, Trudy Ludwig shows how small acts of kindness can help children feel included and allow them to flourish. Any parent, teacher, or counselor looking for material that sensitively addresses the needs of quieter children will find this gentle story a valuable and important resource.
- 2013 Junior Library Guild Selection
- Starred Review, School Library Journal
- School Library Journal Best Picture Books 2013 Selection
- Scholastic Instructor Recommended Back-to-School Picks 2013
- USA Today Recommended Back-to-School Picks 2013
- 2013 NAPPA Gold Medal Winner
- The Children's Book Review Best Picture Books 2013 Selection
- Missourian October Book Buzz Pick 2013
- Winter 2013-2014 Kids' Indie Next List Selection
- Oregon Spirit Book Awards 2013 Short List Selection
- International Reading Association Teachers’ Choices 2014 Selection
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award 2015 Master List Selection
- New Hampshire 2015 Ladybug Picture Book Award Nominee
- Missouri 2015-2016 Show Me Readers Award Nominee
- Missouri Association of School Librarians 2015-2015 Reader Awards Final Nominee
- Nebraska 2015-2016 Golden Sower Award Nominee
- Washington 2015 Children’s Choice Award Nominee
- Georgia 2015-2016 Picture Book Award Nominee
- Tennessee 2015-2016 Volunteer State Book Award Nominee
- Connecticut 2014-2015 Charter Oak Children’s Book Award Nominee